US Visa Eligibility and Rules
The United States visa rules policy is the requirements by foreign countries which need to be followed for applying for the visa. The United States visa rules are important to follow. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish to meet all the requirements for which you are applying. The intended travel of your purpose will determine your type of visa.
Eligibility and Rules for USA Study Visa
The visa for study requires a lot more documents than the tourist visa. You need to have all the mandatory documents as well as all the financial and academic records. You should have the original and copy of the interview application form. You should carry a valid passport , original mark sheet/ provisional certificates and IELTS or GMAT score sheet . The eligibility and rules for a US study visa require lots of information.
List of Documents Required
The list of documents required for applying visa are as follows –
- Qualification certificates – You should have the proof of all the qualification documents. You should have both original and copy of all the education qualification certificates. For example diplomas and certificate courses.
- Proof of professional degree – The professional degree like a bachelor’s or master’s degree documents you should have. The original proof of the documents is required.
- Passport – You should have the passport with expiry date information. The passport is a very important part of expiry date information. The passport is a very important part of your visa acceptance.
- Admission proof – For the acceptance of visa you should have the proof of admitted US educational institution.
- SEVIS I-901 – You need to pay SEVIS I-901 fees aside of normal visa fees and submit the payment proof.
Key things to keep in mind while applying for USA Student Visa
It is necessary to keep in mind a few things while filing the application for the US Student visa because you are required to submit the documents correctly. Incomplete documents or wrong submission can lead to the denial of the student visa. Along with documents, everything else should be properly submitted and your documents should not have any discrepancies. For applying for USA students visa you need to keep in mind some key things which are as follows –
- English – The student should have the full and complete knowledge of English. The interview during admission will be conducted in the English language and not in your native language.
- Speak for yourself – You should have the confidence to speak on your own. The consular officer will interview you, not your family or anyone else.
- Career plans – You should have the capability of explaining the reason why you have to study a particular course. You need to show proper planning of your career in front of a consular officer to increase your chances of getting admission.
- Positive attitude – Always maintain a positive attitude, this will increase your chances of admission. Be calm and never be nervous during the interview. Always brief about the question asked.
- Supporting documents – The written documents which you are presenting should be immediately clear to the consular officer. There should be properly written presentations and never write lengthy explanations.
- Paperwork ready – You should have all the paperwork ready for submitting for applying for a visa.
- Proof that you intend to return home – You need to show that you have no interest in disobeying US immigration law. US law requires applications for non-immigrant visas.
- Passport photos – You should be ready with your passport size photos and documents for applying for the visa.
- Stay calm – during the interview always be calm, never be nervous and be confident. This will improve your admission chances.
- Decide University – Always prefer to decide first the university for study. If you are not sure about the university then there is no use of applying for a visa.
Q: What are the requirements for USA visa?
A: The requirements for USA visa are that you should have the passport, passport size photograph, payment receipt for non-immigrant US visa application etc.
Q: How many year visa does US give for the student?
A: The US gives visa of 5 years for students in general. Basically, it depends on the course which you have to choose. The year is varying for every degree program.
Q: How much bank balance is required for US student visa?
A: There should be approx. $25000 to $50000 bank balance is required for US student visa. This bank balance is not exact. The bank balance also varies according to the university and course which you have selected.
Q: Can I work in USA with a student visa?
A: Yes, you can work in the USA with a student visa but there will some restrictions. You should get the on-campus recruitment. You should have all the practical knowledge while applying for the job in the USA during the student visa.
Q: How much do student earn in the USA?
A: Students can earn up to $20 per hour. It also depends on company to company where you have applied for the job. The amount is not exact, it is the approx. the amount and average amount.