As previously stated, many universities will require students to submit English proficiency scores as part of their admissions process. As part of the admissions process, students are required to register for the TOEFL test and present scores. The TOEFL registration process is simple and straightforward. The candidates have the option of taking the exam at any time throughout the year. It's vital to note that candidates can only postpone their next attempt three days following their initial attempt.
The top highlights for the TOEFL exam are as follows:
- The TOEFL exam is created by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), a non-profit organization with over 60 years of expertise in the field of education.
- In 2005, the TOEFL iBT (Internet-based TOEFL) was established.
- Reading, listening, speaking, and writing are the four task sections in the TOEFL exam.
- It's the only major English proficiency test that has a fair scoring system that combines artificial intelligence and several test raters.
- The paper-delivered test is provided in regions where internet testing is not available.
- The test results are valid for two years from the date of the student's test.
- The registration fees will differ depending on the student's test location.
- The sections for reading and listening are highly authentic. They are similar to what you would read and hear in a North American academic atmosphere.
- The TOEFL iBT allows you to take notes. In fact, taking notes is recommended for all four areas of the test.
- The TOEFL paper-based edition contained a section on grammatical structures, but the TOEFL iBT does not. It still assesses your grammatical abilities.
- The exam fee for TOEFL iBT and TOEFL PBT is different.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR TOEFL TEST?
Candidates or test seekers of the TOEFL exam can register for the exam directly through the TOEFL exam official website.
The following are the ways to register for the TOEFL exam:
- Go to the official website of the TOEFL test.
- Create an account as a test seeker and fill in the profile.
- Later, fill in the TOEFL exam application form along with the test dates, test centers to go for the TOEFL home edition to take the exam at home.
- And pay the TOEFL exam registration fee of $190.
- Later, verify the application form and submit it.
- Finally, take the printout of the confirmation page and also save them for further use in the future.
TOEFL REGISTRATION - STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
To avoid the wastage of time, we are providing the steps for registering for the TOEFL exam in a clear way. Just follow the steps and register for the TOEFLexam.
- Step 1: Candidates or the test seekers need to create an account if they are new users or sign in to the existing account if they had already created it.
- Step 2: Next, candidates are requested to fill in their TOEFL test-seeker profile along with the additional details asked on the website to use them in the future.
- Step 3: next, candidates are asked to choose their TOEFL exam dates on the given dates which are convenient and best for them.
- Step 4: Later, test seekers are asked to select their convenient test centers in the available test centers for the TOEFL exam.
- Step 5: In addition, the candidates are given an option to can choose the latest TOEFL home edition version to write the exam at home.
- Step 6: After selecting the test center and exam dates the test seekers are redirected to the TOEFL exam payment gateway page where they need to pay the registration fee for the TOEFL exam need to be paid. And the fee amount for Registering TOEFL exam is the US $ 190.
- Step 7: Moreover, the test-seekers need to check all the exam-related details before paying the fee. Once, the payment is done there is no chance to make changes to the TOEFL registration form.
- Step 8: After the payment is done, candidates need to take the printout of the acknowledgment receipt as proof of successful payment and submission of the registration form. Later, candidates have access to the dashboard for future references.
TOEFL REGISTRATION - HOW TO GET TOEFL REGISTRATION NUMBER?
As the TOEFL Exam is conducted throughout the year in different countries, there is a registration number given to the candidates who are attending the exam to clear the unnecessary confusion. For every attempt, there is a separate TOEFL registration number allotted to the candidates. To get the TOEFL registration number, candidates first need to create an account on the official website of the TOEFL Examination and submit all the required details along with selecting test centers, test dates, and registration fees.
Later the candidates receive a confirmation mail in which their appointment ID or ETS TOEFL registration ID is given. Or candidates can also find the registration ID on their test scores cards which is in the top left corners of the score page. Moreover, the appointment or Registration ID starts with zeros in the first part and ends with a number.
WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION NUMBER?
The "appointment number" at the top of your TOEFL iBT score report is your TOEFL registration number, which usually starts with a few zeros. Universities and other institutions frequently seek this number in order to validate all of their candidates' legitimate exam results. Song with that, there are other numbers like ID number and ETS ID number at the score reports. The ID number refers to the identification hat the candidates provided while registering or while taking tests at test centers like passport id, etc. And the ETS ID number refers to the appointment number target they have given for your exam.
TOEFL REGISTRATION BY MAIL
- TOEFL registration can also be done through the mail by downloading the form and printed by candidates.
- Then complete the form. On the day of the test, spell your name exactly as it appears on your identification (valid Indian passport). Send the TOEFL registration form by mail, along with your TOEFL application money, to the address on the form or to the Gurgaon Resource Centre.
- Forms must be submitted at least four weeks prior to your planned test date. If the candidate has not received confirmation, he or she should contact the Regional Registration Centers, where the paper should be sent at least 3-4 working days before the registration deadline.
- If a candidate registers by mail, he or she must manually enter a code that is available online. Code lists are only available on the official website.
TOEFL REGISTRATION BY PHONE
Candidates who want to attend the exam can also register for TOEFL exam by phone. but candidates must read the registration form first. Make sure you spell your name exactly, as it appears on your passport. Call 91-124-4147700 to reach the Regional Registration Center. Pay with your credit or debit card as advised. A late fee will be charged if you register more than seven days before your test date. Or candidates can install the app related to the TOEFL exam and fill in the details in the app as in the online registration form. And make the payment through credit or debit cards as per the guidelines given by the ETS TOEFL authority.
TOEFL REGISTRATION - REGISTRATION FEE
The registration fee for the TOEFL exam varies for different countries. The TOEFL exam registration fee is US$190 for the candidates who are attending the exam from India. Moreover, candidates need to pay the registration fee at the time of registration in any of the payment modes accepted by the ETS agency in the guidelines.
The registration fee TOEFL Exam in abroad countries is as follows:
TOEFL REGISTRATION- HOW TO REGISTER IN INDIA?
TOEFL exam means Teaching Engish as a Foreign Language exam which is necessary to join in top universities in foreign countries r to gert work-related visa to do jobs in abroad. And this TOEFL exam is also accepted and conducted in India. There are 3 ways to register for this exam in India. They are namely, Register for the exam by visiting the Regional registration centers in India and submitting the registration form in-person to them. Or by downloading the registration form and filling in the form and sending it through the mail. Finally, registration for the TOEFL exam through contacting them using the phone.
Eligibility For TOEFL REGISTRATION
TOEFL is indeed a test conducted by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) for people who desire to pursue higher education or migrate to another country. ETS does not specify any TOEFL exam registration eligibility criteria.
- Test takers must have earned a 10+2 diploma from a recognized university.
- As a proof of identity, candidates must have a valid passport.
- Only a few universities state that the TOEFL score is not required if the candidate meets the following criteria.
- Non-native English speakers should have a degree or diploma certificate from any English-speaking institution.
- Non-native English speakers must have completed two years of school at any institution in an English-speaking country.
- Before the TOEFL registration deadline, candidates must complete the form. The candidate will be given a unique TOEFL registration number for easier access.
- Furthermore, the ETS, the organization that supervises the TOEFL exam, has not set any age restrictions.
TOEFL AT HOME
The TOEFL IBT at Home Edition is a more convenient and secure choice for test-takers who would rather take their test at home than at a testing center. Despite the changing location in which the exam is held, it is identical to the traditional form. The material, format, and on-screen experience are all identical to those of a test taken in a testing center. This Home edition is presented by the ETS the testing agency of the TOEFL exam due to present pandemic situations. And candidates need to make sure that they have all the equipment and requirements related to the TOEFL exam at their homes.
The test-seekers need to attend exams only by using laptops or desktops with separate headsets, camera facilities along with separate microphone facilities. And they need to strictly follow the guidelines provided by the testing agency for writing the exam in a better and comfortable way.
IS TOEFL FREE
As the TOEFL Exam is a worldwide exam it is not free of cost. Every country that accepts and conducts the TOEFL exam heaving a separate fee structure for the terms in the TOEFL Exam. For every attempt, candidates need to pay a separate fee and it is valid for that attempt. Even for the rescheduling or reviewing purpose too, candidates need to pay the fees as guided on the website. However, ETS the TOEFL testing agency launched the free practice test for their candidates who are preparing for TOEFL Exams. With the help of this practice test, the test-seekers can get confidence and attempt the exam in a better way.
✅ What happens if I give the wrong information during the registration process?
Ans : Except for their name, date of birth, and gender, which may only be changed by contacting TOEFL Services, test takers can edit their personal information on their account. To get the work completed, they should contact TOEFL administrators through email at [email protected] or by phone at 16097717100/ 18778633546.
✅ Is it possible to take the TOEFL after the 12th?
Ans : As previously stated, ETS does not have any eligibility requirements for taking the TOEFL test. Candidates must, however, take the TOEFL test if English-speaking universities, colleges, or educational institutions require TOEFL scores as part of their entrance criteria.
✅ how to pay for the TOEFL exam by Indian applicants?
Ans : TOEFL fees can be paid online with a credit or debit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, China Union Pay, Diners Club, JCB), PayPal, or an e-check (Only for candidates staying in the US and its territories).
✅ What is the process for getting a TOEFL refund?
Ans : To receive a TOEFL refund, you must cancel your registration by the deadline, which is four days prior to the test date. If you cancel your registration before the 4-day deadline, you'll get a 50 percent refund on the initial test fee.
✅ How do I receive a TOEFL fee waiver?
Ans : A price waiver for the TOEFL exam is provided through two methods:For non-native English speakers in high school and seniors in high schools in the United States.Through the TOEFL Registration Voucher Service, where academic institutions acquire vouchers and distribute them to students so they can take the exam for free.
✅ When will I be able to take the TOEFL test?
Ans : Candidates are suggested to register early for the TOEFL exam because places for the exam fill up quickly. It is recommended that they register at least 3 to 4 months prior to the test date. In addition, the exam date should be at least 2-3 months prior to the university's next application deadline.
✅ What documents must I bring with me when I register?
Ans : Candidates who intend to take the TOEFL test must show a valid photo ID at the time of enrollment. The applicant's name in the registration must be spelled correctly and in the same format as it appears on the ID. Candidates must bring the same document to the testing center when taking the test.